Rehoboth Beach tops the list of America’s favorite beach towns.
- One of “America’s happiest seaside towns.”
- One of the “10 best beaches for families in 2017.”
- One of the “top 10 best beaches in America.”
- One of the “five best family beaches on the East Coast.”
- A “Mid-Atlantic small town” that’ll “charm your socks off.”
Rehoboth Beach regularly earns accolades like these. They highlight that: It's a delightful, family-friendly, beach vacation destination. It's a great year-round town. And it's a wonderful place to retire. Please click HERE for a Rehoboth Beach - Dewey Beach Chamber of Commerce sampling of awards and accolades that have been showered on Rehoboth Beach in recent years.
When you come to Rehoboth, you may just want to relax on our pristine beach with its award-winning clean water and stroll along our famous mile-long, fun-filled boardwalk. You might prefer to go sailing or bowling, or golfing or kite-flying, or bird- or dolphin-watching or surf fishing. Maybe you’d like to do some tax-free shopping in our many boutiques and outlets after you enjoy a bike ride, take in an art exhibit or visit a nearby nature preserve. Perhaps you’d like to sample our dazzling array of great restaurants for every taste and budget. Whatever your interests, Rehoboth Beach offers entertaining activities and resources for summer visitors of all ages.
But Rehoboth isn't just a great summer vacation spot, and it doesn’t roll up the sidewalk after Labor Day. Its lineup of annual special events makes this beach resort a year-round destination.
- Starting with a POLAR BEAR PLUNGE early in the new year and a CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL in the early spring, the special events pick up quickly in the summer, when there are resources and activities for every interest, age and taste:
- Summer concerts at the REHOBOTH BANDSTAND;
- An ART TOUR (July) and an ANNUAL OUTDOOR ART SHOW (August), each sponsored by the Rehoboth Art League in nearby Henlopen Acres, which also presents classes, workshops, and art exhibits featuring local artists;
- SUMMER PROGRAMS for children sponsored by the Rehoboth Beach Library, and REHOBOTH SUMMER CHILDREN'S THEATRE with two-actor short plays for children;
- THE REHOBOTH FARMERS MARKET in Grove Park on Tuesdays from May through October;
- EXHIBITS all summer at the Rehoboth Beach Historical Museum;
- The BREAKWATER BIKE TRAIL from Gordon's Pond to Lewes, which takes you to FORT MILES with its WWII exhibits at the Lewes end of the trail and to CAPE HENLOPEN STATE PARK;
- A great annual FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORKS display on the beach; and
- At summer’s end, a SANDCASTLE CONTEST on the beach bringing the summer fun to a close.
- Happily, the fun continues into the fall with an OCTOBER JAZZ FESTIVAL, a multi-day SEA WITCH FESTIVAL (including a Costumed Dog Parade) around Halloween, and an early November INDEPENDENT AND FOREIGN FILM FESTIVAL.
- The year ends with extensive HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES -- Santa’s House on the boardwalk, a tree lighting ceremony and sing-along at the bandstand, and a hometown holiday parade.
- The City of Rehoboth Beach’s Official Website includes a helpful introduction to the City’s background, beach and boardwalk.
- And the Rehoboth Beach-Dewey Beach Chamber of Commerce Visitor’s Guide provides a wealth of information about area activities, local events, and attractions.
- So do the expansive listings at Rehobothboardwalk.com or at https://www.visitdelaware.com/beaches/rehoboth-beach/.
- And, finally, don’t forget to check out the dining guide in the Rehoboth Beach-Dewey Beach Chamber of Commerce Visitor’s Guide HERE, or to stop by the Rehoboth Foodie website for its informative, chatty restaurant reviews and the latest restaurant news.
A wonderful beach and a world of fun, relaxation and good food await you in Rehoboth Beach. Book a stay at the Henlopen, pack your bags, and join us for a great time!